I need to replace the lock completely

A home owner from Bulverde, Texas says:

The knob handled needs to be glued. The lock hook is not staying in position, one must re-adjust the hook so it stays in the correct locked position. The door is 33 years old as is the house. We had the house built in 1986.

Total length of black interior piece is 7 3/8"

Distance between the two screws is approximately 4" This sliding glass door has been on our house since November 1986 when the house was built. The door still works and rolls perfectly today.

Charles

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1007.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1008.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1009.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1010.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1012.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Charles! It sounds like you're having trouble with both the thumb lever and the mortise. The mortise is easy enough; yours looks like our 82-218. I'm very confident this will work in your door.

I'm also confident in what will replace the thumb lever, but the bad news is that we're no longer able to supply it by itself. I'm afraid we can only offer the complete handle set at this time; specifically, our 82-033. This should work the same way as your old handle and is fully compatible with the 82-218.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You are very welcome. We are happy to hear that everything has worked out for you. 

A home owner from Bulverde, Texas says:
I got the correct parts and finished the installation.
Thank you !
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.