I think I need a custom balance

A home owner from Irvine, CA says:
Hi SWISCO,

I believe I need to order a similar custom channel balance assembly due to the special shoe and clip:
- QTY 2: Channel balance (1 window)
- 20-5/8" length
- B.S.I. 20 4 PF
- QTY 2: Sash guide

Could you advise how I can make this order?

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0149-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0150-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0151-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0145-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0153.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello and thank you for your post. For your balance, could we have you send us a photo showing the stamped number or marking that appears on the channel, as well as, another photo showing us the clip at the end of the balance cord? As for your top sash guide, have a look at our 18-188 to start and see if our measurements are compatible with yours. 

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry! I thought I had replied to a thread. I have a similar channel balance as the original poster in this thread.

I have attached pictures of:

• Clip
  • Channel balance stamp
  • 2 additional pictures of the sash guide

18-188 seems a bit off in the length, but the screw hole distances seem to match. I think it might work!

Thank you again for your help!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0140-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0152.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0155-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0157-2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree, the balance in that other thread is the same type as what you have. Now that we can see your metal clip, we have everything we need to get started. I'm going to email you an order link and price quote right now for 2. Let me know if you had any questions!

Thank you for your help!

Just as a feedback to other readers -
I received the custom channel balances and 18-888 sash guides in the mail with no issues.

The installation went smoothly and the parts fit exactly. Even though the parts required custom order the price was surprisingly reasonable.

I wouldn't have been able to get this fixed without SWISCO's help ordering the custom parts.

Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's fantastic news! Thank you so much for the feedback, and of course for your business. It means a lot.

If you ever needed anything else, you know where to find us.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.