I would like to purchase a keyed lock for this handle

A handy person from Linn, Missouri says:
I believe I need a Jeld Wen dual latch keyed entry.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220504_063804.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220504_063814.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure thing! You may be able to install our 82-315 key lock and housing to your existing exterior handle. This is specifically designed to install on our 82-044, but your handle is similar and it may work just the same.

If not, however, then you will either need to purchase the 82-044 separately and use that instead, or buy a new handle set entirely. My recommendation is the 82-086.

I bought the 82-086 from your company a few weeks ago, and noticed that it was too small as a direct replacement.
Do you recommend I take that 82-086 apart and try to connect it with my current handle? Do you have any helpful videos for that?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm a little surprised to hear that. Looking at your photos, I don't see any reason why the 82-086 wouldn't work. Can you go into more detail? In which was was this handle set too small?

Yeah, the 82-086 is a single latch, and is about 3 inches shorter than my double latch system.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm still not sure I understand. Looking at your photos, your old handle set uses a single latch, as well. The 82-086 should also be fully compatible with your existing mortise lock. 

As for length, overall length doesn't really matter. What's more important is the hole center spacing.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.