I would like to reorder custom balances

A quick learner from Brooklyn, NY says:

Hi,

I would like to reorder balances for the bottom sashes of two windows. Previous Case #54340ThanksCorey 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Corey. According to our records, you ordered two different size balances: a 31" long balance and a 39" long balance. Can you specify which one you needed? Can you also tell me how many you're looking to order? Thank you!

I would like the 31" and I need 4 of them (two windows). Are there ones that are a little heavier duty? I will also need a charger

Thanks,
Corey
Profile picture of Tom

Well, according to our records the 31" balance was already rated for 70 pounds, which is incredibly strong! As a commercial grade balance, it's probably the strongest balance I've ever shipped out. How much heavier duty did you need? What is the exact weight of your window sash?

Thanks Tom. They are probably 60 or 70 each sash. I know I weighed one before my last order. The reason I asked if there was a stronger model is that I have had one set fail. I have four windows in the apartment and I replaced all four bottom sash window balances. Two windows are still working well, one has failed (slammed down) and one window is very stuck up hard to open and to close.
Profile picture of Tom

Well that's no good. They shouldn't have failed after only this brief time. Were the failed balances the ones you purchased from us? If so, when exactly did they fail? Which of the two types was it (39" or 31")? Did other windows with identical balances work fine?

These are precisely calibrated to the weight of the sash. You don't want anything stronger or weaker when it comes to these heavy duty balances. Give us a little more information on these failed balances and we will look into a solution.

Hi Tom,

Yes, the window that failed (slammed shut) was three weeks ago. The one that has been really tough to open and close has been like that for a couple of years I am guessing. These balances are all 31's. I did purchase all my balances from you.

I have two other identical windows with the 31's and they are still working well.

Btw, you may notice some orders from the same address because over the years I have recommended your company to any neighbors whose windows have failed.

Best,

Corey

Profile picture of Tom

Well, since the other balances worked, it's possible that this particular sash was different from the others. Can you tell me its exact weight, down to the ounce?

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.