ID and a question

A quick learner from Illinois says:
Hi. I need help in a hurry (sorry). I'm moving in a week and I need to fix some windows for the buyer.

The stamp is 2630 and I feel confident that the ends are what's on the S370. PictureS attached. Although on this particular channel, the bottom has snapped off and doesn't have the pointy teeth on the back.

My question - how do you get the "wings" for the top of the balancer out of and into the channel without snapping them?

How fast can I get these?

The track I have is a little over 26".

Thanks.

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
All of your images did not come through so I cannot verify that you do indeed have the S370 balance.

What is the exact length of the metal channel?

To remove your balance without breaking the top wings, first pull out the take-out clips or remove the rubber bumper. Raise the sash to disengage it from balance and remove the sash from the window frame (see video). Now hold the balance and either push down the clip or remove the installation screw and slide the balance up to a cut-out so you can remove the top without breaking the wings.
A quick learner from illinois says:
I found the cutout so I can get the top "wings" out. It's right where the sash stop is so I'll just move the stop and I'll be set.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll let you know how it goes. : )
A quick learner from Illinois says:
I put the first of ten channel weight balancers in... and I almost cried. With the video - it was so easy. It took me seven minutes - because I cleaned the outside glass.

All 10 of the large windows are done. I'm waiting for the channels for the kitchen window (different size).

THANK YOU!! I'm posting you guys on my facebook page. We've just saved thousands of dollars.

xx
Love you guys!
Melissa
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Way to go, Melissa!

I'm so glad to hear of your success! Thank you so much for following up with such kind words.

Have a great weekend.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.