ID and order coil balance

A quick learner from Whitman MA says:
I need replacement coils for my 26hX28w double insulated sash windows. According to the formula I need 6lb coils but I have a number 8(see photos) stamped on the coil so I would most likely need the 8 lb coil. More importantly is that the coil is 1/2 inch wide. So if you can confirm that the series 150 coil balance is 1/2 inch wide I think the 8 lb would be the correct item to order. Thanks.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I agree, this coil spring closely resembles our Series 150 balance. I would also recommend the S150-8, but you might want to double check the weight of your window sash by removing the sash from the window and placing it on a scale. Any common bathroom scale will do. Two S150-8 coil balances working in tandem can carry a window sash weight of 16 pounds.
A quick learner from Whitman MA says:
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you tell me if the S-150-8 coil is 1/2 inch wide or less?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the Series 150 coil springs are approximately 1/2" thick.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.