IDing Channel Balance

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. See either our S380-31 or S385-31. The only difference between these two Series is the 'depth' of the bottom nylon shoe. With the Series 380 the depth of this nylon shoe is 1", whereas with the Series 385 it is 1-3/32". Compare with your own and see what is best.

You'll need to choose a stamp option. Your stamp option of 3050 is for a window sash in the weight range of 28 through 32 lbs. 

A home owner from Wimauma, Fl says:
I need a replacement for a Lawson sh-7500 window channel balance 31"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3050
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190403_143039.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190403_143043.jpg
A home owner from Wimauma, Fl says:

Is this what you are talking about? if so then I'll need to change my order from the 385 to 380.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Glenn

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190403_161012.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Glenn. The depth measurement is actually perpendicular to what you're measuring. It's the distance from the heel to toe of the shoe, right beneath where the metal channel ends. The picture below shows the difference between both shoes; the S385 shoe has the 1-3/32" depth, while the S380 shoe has the 1" depth. Honestly, I think the Series 385 will work fine for you. If it proves to be slightly too big, you can always shave a bit off the shoe. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.