IIWC Impact window single hung

A landlord from South florida says:
Need to replace balance rods. Not sure which to order. 16 inches long. Thanks, victor
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3B5ED820-1707-4DD7-86AF-8711884697A6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6975F5B8-0E43-4074-84AC-A9581C02A6C5.jpeg

Picture of old balance. Removed single hung impact window sash. Weight 23 pounds.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7D88CF06-9FE3-4891-BA66-297F33C21C46.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thanks for writing in. I think we can help, however this will need to be custom made due to its unique design. I believe your top fitting is our 19-041 and your bottom shoe is our 15-004. However, I'd like to verify this information. Can you verify that your bottom shoe matches the dimensions of our 15-004? Note that this shoe is 1-3/32" deep. 

If you would like to proceed with a custom balance order, I will need to know your desired quantity. From there I can get a quote for you. Thanks! 

discount starts at 12 prices ? i will get 12.. fyi, it seems to be heavy window for my wife to open,is there a glance rod that can make it easier ? we live in south florida on the ocean, lots of rust.
Profile picture of Casey

Okay great. Before I create the custom order link, can you confirm that the dimensions on the 15-004 shoe match your original part? Also, the 1590 stamp you show in your first picture denotes the spring strength, which should be calibrated to offset the weight of your window. 

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sending pictures of a balance rod with a different number at the end. This rod is from the same set of windows. Can you tell me what the numbers mean?
I measured the foot, looks more like 1 1/8.
Profile picture of Casey

The stamp denotes the strength of the spring, which is calibrated to offset the weight of the window. The 15-9 stamp is for windows weighing between 23-26 pounds. Since your wife is having trouble with the window, what we could try is going the next spring strength down, which would be the 1565. That would denote a window sash weight of 20-23 pounds. Let me know how you would like to proceed with this and then I will send you the link for a custom order of 12. 

A quick learner from South Florida says:
I would like to order 12 PCs. I would like to get the 15-9.
Would it be the same price if I ordered 6pcs of 15-9 and 6 PCs of1565. Total 12. Both are good for 23 lbs.
Profile picture of Casey

Great! I just sent you a link to order 12 pieces. Keep in mind that the 15-9 stamp is going to be replaced by 1570. This is, as I said, for windows weighing between 23-26 pounds. The bulk discount would not take effect if you were to split your order between the 1570 and 1565 stamps. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.