IN NEED OF A REPLACEMENT PART

A home owner from SYLVANIA, OHIO says:

THIS PART IS TO MY DRAWER IN MY KITCHEN. THE PART HAS BROKEN OFF AND I NEED A REPLACEMENT TO FIX IT. WILLING TO PAY FOR. THANKS.

CYNTHIA

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200714_112406.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200714_112438.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200714_112506.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Cynthia. The bad news is that your hanging drawer bracket isn't made anymore, but the good news is that you can use our 32-025 as a substitute. This should work in pretty much the same way. Let me know if you had any questions.

A quick learner from CO says:
Just letting people know that the piece you are recommending did not work for me. It's 1/2 inch too long.

L Hammond
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0089.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the feedback. Can you confirm exactly why our 32-025 isn't working? The overall height doesn't really matter. Looking at your photo, both the lower screw hole and the socket that takes the track align with your original. Those are the only two details that need to match for it to work. When you installed it in your drawer, what exactly went wrong?

In my case, the height does matter because that little lip on the top of the bracket has to hang on the top of the strip of wood at the back of the cabinet. Hopefully you can see what I'm talking about in the photo. I may try to saw off the top of your part, but it seems like that lip is important to help support the weight of the drawer.

Thanks,
LH
Rotated photo
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I don't believe your original socket is available anymore. I see what you mean about how the wood piece blocks the top part, though that's not common. You could maybe consider something like our 32-003, but you'd need to install these to the back of the cabinet. You might need to use a piece of wood like a 1 X 4 to mount it. I am sorry that we don't have a better solution, they just don't make this old one anymore. The 32-025 replaces it in most instances so the manufacturer probably figured that was a fix-all part. That was my impression, too.

SWISCO 32-025 Hanging Rail Bracket
SWISCO 32-025 Hanging Rail Bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.