Identification of spleen used in aluminum windows at least 50 years ago.

A home owner from Las Cruces, N M says:
My home has three track aluminum frames, the frames holding the windows are not removable. I was unable to locate any markings or symbols on the frames. All windows Ned re hab but I'm unable to find parts. Identification of the spleen and a supplier would be a big help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DE684F87-5CCE-4FBB-8B77-543F540CE1DE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7A828FB9-C2EB-475A-A1C7-13E70784AC2E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 104BEBBB-1B50-4E81-87C2-F956D3A6EB1B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 54607EDE-CB7D-4088-A76F-36DDE755CE9C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7C04EFD4-2796-459F-981F-367AAC19180D.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you need new glazing bead, but I don't know what you have from these photos. Can you show me a clear picture of the end profile? The video below will clarify what I mean.

Attached are the photos and diagram of the glazing bead. My home is old and I'm interested in rehabbing the windows. Thank you so very much for responding.

Al 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 41B8AEF6-B900-480A-9523-DFC6A8DA90D4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C64E1689-DBFD-4AA1-9066-6ADA327F6DEE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0D0EBBD3-C313-47D2-AAA4-4DF824DB5942.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2A7E8CAF-BA74-4C4A-899F-235D9B3BD7C4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3ABCCD19-F5FA-4E1E-94B7-2FC218D8530F.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, Al. We have a couple different types of glazing bead that may be worth considering. None are exactly the same as yours, though their dimensions are close. Start with the 55-011, 55-114, and 55-199. We also sell the 55-076 and 55-077. If you'd like, you can order a sample of each from this page to try them out before you commit to a purchase.

Thanks for the prompt reply Tom I am certainly interested in all possibllitiea. If possible I will ask for samples of all those you mentioned in your last msg. Any instruction you might suggest in installation of the spleen will be appreciated. This started with a broken window when I took the broken glass other that the spleens it did not appear there had been any sea lent used when the pane wa insallled, is thatt possible? I do not know anything about your company so a little info would be nice. thanks.
Profile picture of Tom

It's pretty normal for glazing to be installed without using any sealant. We do it all the time on repair jobs. As for installation instructions, the video below may be of help to you.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have about our company! Feel free to ask.
I would like to order samples of 55-011, 55-114 and 55-199. I wii make a good effort to make one of them work and hope to be able to place an order. I watched the video and it was nice they could lay the window on a table all my efforts will be with the glass still in the frame. Thanks again.
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.