Identify Part for Sliding Door

A home owner from Iowa says:
Hello!

I need two replacement strips that were attached to wood and prevented the wood from being exposed to weathering. You can see in photo #2 the location of the two pieces. The seemed to have been attached by glue as there are no nail or staple marks in them and the just fell off as if the glue had been weakened over the years. The strips are light tan in color.

I believe my door is a KK door; the only markings I can find on the door are shown in photo #3 above (the screen handle). The door is @ 17 years old.

Please confirm if this is a KK door for which you sell parts (my fingers are crossed!) and let me know what other information you need.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I can't identify your seal based on these photos. I am familiar with KK brand doors, but they tend to use generic parts. Your weatherstripping could be anything at this point.

In order to narrow it down, I would need you to remove a sample and show me a photo of the end profile. The video below will go into more detail. I know you said that it may be glued in, which is troublesome, but we aren't able to ID a match otherwise. Seeing the end profile is necessary.

A home owner from Iowa says:
Hello! The weather stripping I'm looking for is 1/4 inch wide and very, very thin. Perhaps "weather stripping" is the wrong word - it's actually just a very thin piece of vinyl to protect exposed wood on the house around the door.

I'm unable to find anything at my local hardware stores that is as thin as what I need. I'm hoping you have an idea of what I can use!

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid the provided photos don't give me a good idea of what the shape is. I know it may seem like a small detail but the shape is very important, and even though your weatherstripping is very thin there are still a ton of different varieties. I need the end profile as described in the video I posted above, whole and undamaged. please let me know if that will be possible.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.