Identify Replacement Channel Balance

A home owner from North Palm Beach, FL says:
I am replacing 1/2" wide channel balance on older windows. The bottom shoe does not appear to match any of the shoes you have. It has wings that are below the metal channel: the wings are 1 1/8" tip to tip, 1" deep and 1 1/8" high. the shoe extends 1/4" below the metal channel piece. The top piece is also different with wings that extend 3/4" above the metal channel piece. Its wings are 1 1/8" tip to tip and the plastic piece is 1 1/4" long. The metal channel is 24 1/2" long. Pictures attached.
Channel Balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience in this matter. You have a very old and unique type of balance that is no longer made. That said, I think you can get our S380-25 to work as a substitute. Check it out and let me know what you think. I know the nylon ends have a bit of a different design, but they should work the same way. I would also recommend the 2440 option, which can support sashes weighing 19 through 24 pounds.
A handy person from North Palm Beach says:
Tom, Thanks for the reply. I will give this a try with the parts you suggested. I ordered two with two sash guides. If these are too loose, do you have any shoes and tops that have 1 1/16" wings for the 1/2" channel balances?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe we do. That's extraordinarily wide. Let me know how the Series 380 works out, and if there are any problems we can work from there.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.