Identify Spiral Balance and Pivot Shoe Replacements

A handy person from Auburn Hills, Michigan says:

First I can't find any markings on the existing tilt windows.

The tube is 24 inches long and 9/16 diameter

I've included pictures of the tube end that you can see has a "red" end.

I need to identify and replace a number of pivot shoes, picture included. Also need help in understanding how you replace a pivot shoe?

I also need to identify and purchase a tilt balance tension tool that will work with the spiral balances that I show in the picture

Thank-you for your help.

Brian

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2019-07-07 13.23.02.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2019-07-07 10.24.01.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2019-07-07 13.28.11.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello there, Brian. Let's begin with your spiral balance. Take a look at our S600-24 with a red-tip. This appears to be what you are looking for. As for your pivot shoe, we would need to see it removed from the window in order to determine what can be used in its place. We will also need for you to provide the width, height, and thickness of the shoe. Take a look at the video below of one of the common ways to remove a pivot shoe from the window. 

Hello Paul,

Please see attached pic of a removed pivot shoe with dimensions included. Note this shoe has a broken swivel piece in the middle so I'v included a picture of an installed one for comparison

I also need pivot pin replacements that slide into the window. There is a number stamped on the pin I've included in the picture.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2019-07-21 18.14.59.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2019-07-21 18.15.49.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2019-07-21 18.16.38.jpg
Sorry here is picture on the pivot pins
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2019-07-21 18.11.10.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the additional detailed information. Starting off with your pivot shoe, see if our 15-188 would work. This can be used with the 26-352 pivot bar. For your replacement spiral balance, we recommend also using the 75-006 charging tool to help with the repair and installation. Review all the parts mentioned and see if these parts would work. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.