Identify balance for replacement

A quick learner from Beaverton, Oregon says:

Dear Swisco,

I need your help identifying which window balances to order. The only identifying number marked on the existing ones is "14 4 JR CALDWELL." The existing is a 1/2" x 15" metal channel with plastic ends (clips?). The bottom (clip) appears to have a depth of 1-1/16". The window total is a 33-1/2" x 33- 1/2" vinyl single hung.Unfortunately, I cannot provide the weight of the moveable bottom sash, because the good balance is all that is holding it in, and I am hesitant to remove the window until I have replacement balances. If possible can you cross reference with your numbers. Thank you, for your time and attention to my inquiry.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1464.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1465.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1466.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1467.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Mark. Based on the given information, I recommend the S385-15 channel balance with a 1440 stamp option. I am fairly confident that this will work for you. The bottom fitting on this balance is 1-3/32", which is a little thicker than yours, but I would wager yours was the same and just wore down over time.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.