Identify part

A quick learner from Houston, TX says:
We have a small jalousie bathroom window (approx 24x36) in which the window crank no longer works. The handle itself looks OK, so likely the gear is stripped inside the mechanism. The operator is on the bottom left side of the window. I do not see any markings or identifiers on the one I need to replace, but the house was built in 1970 and the window and crank are likely original equipment.

On your web site I was looking at replacement parts 39-044 and 39-045, but I cannot tell for sure which one is for a left side operator. Can you advise? I am fairly certain this replacement part is the one I need, but if you think I should open up the mechanism to locate any part numbers to ensure I order the right thing let me know and I will do so this evening.

Thanks a lot.

User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Gary. Based on what I can see here, you may be able to use something like our 39-005. However, you would have to look over your arms to make sure our part can work. I'm not sure how well the link and gear arms compare.

I don't recommend either our 39-044 or 39-045. Those are for casement windows specifically.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)