Identify please

A home owner from Salinas says:

I have identified the balancer as a 380 but it is 23 11/16 long and has "23 9" stamped on it.

Should I order a 23, a 24, or neither and can you tell what weight I need from this stamp?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

With a balance stamped with a "23," indicates to us that the metal length of your balance should measure 24" in length. Confirm the measurement is right by measuring your balance metal to metal only. As for your stamping, it does not correspond to any of our stampings. So, you will need to weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the sash weight chart on the product to decide on the most appropriate option based on the weight of your sash. 

Please get back to us and let us know if you should have any further questions. 

I'm measuring it metal end to metal end and it's certainly longer than 23 but not quite 24. It doesn't appear to be bent.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 272EC147-6ED3-46D6-A994-A1399A733823.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 23819841-72BC-4563-B067-8A56EC90E331.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul

Ah, I see the issue. That's not our Series 380. You have a specific kind of balance that has to be specially made. If you remeasure your metal channel, I'd bet it would come up to precisely 23-5/8" long.

We can supply this, but we just need to confirm its availability. While we look into that, can you tell me how many you need? Once we have everything sorted on our end, we can email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

Thanks Paul. I need two. Do you need the weight of my window?
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks! I'll send that over right now. There's no need to weigh your sash at this juncture, your stamp of 23-9 tells us what the spring calibration ought to be. If you have any doubts, then know that the 23-9 stamp you have is meant to carry 26 through 30 pounds. As long as your sash falls in that range, then you should be good to go.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.