Identifying Andersen balance without taking window apart

A home owner from NJ says:

I have Anderson windows manufactured in 1996 - is there a way to know which sash number will be proper replacement without taking the window apart?

They are double-pane windows that do NOT tilt in and appear to be a standard width.

I have at least 3 windows that should have the sach replaced so I would like to order a number of these and make a day out of doing the replacements.

Thank you, Jack

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200517_111300.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200517_111348.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200517_111411.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200517_111425.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If you tell  us the width and height of the visible glass for the top and bottom sash, we may be able to make an estimation. However the best way is to go by the stamp on the old balance. That way we can be 100% sure without any room for doubt. That's my preferred method, even if it does take more work, simply because it's never failed me.

Window pane size is approximately 27.5" tall by 28.5" wide.
Another window that I need one for is approx 24" tall and 28.5" wide.
I have at least 2 of the taller windows and 1 of the less tall ones that needs to be replaced - 6 balancers at minimum and then go from there - thus a bit of a committment - if they are incorrect size - are they returnable?
Jack
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings. For the 28.5" wide by 27.5" high window, you would need our 24-1033. For the 28.5" wide by 24" high window, see the 24-837.

Hi Paul - thank you for the information - bummer.
I reviewed about a dozen or more similar requests and on at least 80% of them - the replacement part was a 24-939.
I ordered 2 of them last week and they already arrived but I did not try to install.
Is the 24-939 a suitable replacement for either the 24-837 or 24-1033?
If not - can I exchange it?
I live in Mt Laurel and the shipment came from Pennsauken so relatively close and got here very fast.
Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Jack
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Jack. I'm afraid the 24-939 won't work very well for your windows. I recommend returning it for a refund and placing a new order for the recommended balances. You can see our return policy here.

How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.