Identifying channel balance

A quick learner from usa says:
Would this be a custom balance due to the shoe, or could a series 380 with a 1" shoe be used?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 (25).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image7 (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 (24).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 (31).jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

At first glance, this looks like either our S380 or S385 channel balance. The S380 uses a 1" bottom fitting and the S385 uses a 1-3/32" fitting. However, your bottom fitting looks like it might be less than 1" but pictures can be deceiving. Can you write out the depth of yours? Let us know what you find and we can go from there.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Hi,

It does appear the bottom fitting is slightly less then an inch. I will measure the depth again with more precise calipers as soon as I can. If it is in fact closer to 7/8", will the 1" S380 work or am I looking at something custom?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Emily

If your bottom shoe measures as 7/8", like our 15-029, this indeed will have to be a custom order since none of our stock balances uses this shoe. This isn't as complicated as it sounds, though. We would just be taking parts from our inventory to assemble you a functional replacement. 

Here are the caliper measurements I took this morning.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BED6D2C8-003C-4B0A-A7CF-5FA925E44942.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C774086B-CDDD-4D56-8E0F-CC8BCE6927CB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DDAE2A64-D902-4806-A84E-689275B8ACF5.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

I'd say this is a match for our 15-029 7/8" deep shoe. As we discussed before, we can help via custom order. To outline it for you, we'll be using a 29" channel balance with the 19-005 top, 15-029 shoe and 2820 stamp which correlates to the 28B stamp on your balance. For me to get this moving for you, can you tell me how many you'll need? I can draft a price quote once I know that. 

I have 7 windows (4 of them need new balances) but I will probably go with 7 pair, so 14. If for some reason this doesn't fit as expected, should I order fewer then 14 to try it out or is there a way to exchange?

Thanks
Profile picture of Emily

Custom orders are non-refundable and we cannot make exchanges, I'm afraid. The decision is ultimately yours but if you'd like, we can start you off with just 2 for now. Some customers prefer starting with 2 for a peace of mind. Let me know how you wish to proceed. 

Yeah I'd like to start with 2 please. Do you need any other photos or measurements from me?
Profile picture of Emily

Nope, you've given us everything we need. With that said, I'm going to email you a purchase link and price quote for 2 balances made to the configurations we discussed earlier. You can use this to place an order on our website.

Please let me know if you have any questions! 

Hi,

Looks like these balances should work. May I please have a link so I can purchase 12 more?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Emily

Certainly! I'll email that over to you right now. 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.