Identifying what channel balance I need

A home owner from Pasco, WA says:
I can't seem to find what channel balance I'll be needing. This window is different than the rest in my house. House was built in 05. Would appreciate any help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 11366A2F-7711-4902-8DD2-AFE8A27221C8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8FE0DEF7-DE49-40E9-BEAB-F0EFF8E674A5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ABA5E3C7-CA86-4584-A294-21C698457EA2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2B008076-CD6D-4491-BF9A-121882F8AAAF.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that there's no way to identify what balance you have without seeing the old one. If this window is missing its balance, then you'll have to check to see if you have an identical window elsewhere in the house that uses the same hardware. Without a reference, it will be exceptionally difficult to identify the right match.

A home owner from Pasco, WA says:
I don't have another window like it. It was missing it's balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That will make things a lot harder. I'm afraid the only thing we can do at this point is guess.

I see you have a take out clip, at least, and based on the top sash guide it may be reasonable to assume that you have a 1/2" wide non-tilt window channel balance, perhaps something like our Series 385. I can't guarantee that this would work, but it's potentially a place to start.

If you're willing to try it out, let me know the height of the visible glass and the exact weight of the sash and we can try to estimate the right size and strength.

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.