I'm lost

A quick learner from Monroe mi says:
I had no idea there were so many options. I bought the S140-7 and the shoe part is too small and doesn't even fit over the window piece. This the original part and the only markings I see is the letter F on the coil. I do need both left and right replace once I can figure out exactly what I need.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16237648348557643496831940958233.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16237648814117189086666713818513.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16237651896887921284350750705991.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

It certainly can be overwhelming and we're here to help! 

It looks like you actually have our 15-175 pivot shoe which is used with the series 152 coil springs. Look over our dimensions and compare them to your current pivot shoe to see if this matches up for what you need. 

If you have any further questions please let us know! 

A quick learner from Monroe mi says:
That does look a lot more like what I have, measurements and all. Thank you! My original part has a plastic casing that the coil rest on (pictured in original post) do you sell that as well? I think I may go with the 7lb option since the coil I originally ordered from your site incorrectly was also meant for 7lb and looks to be about the same size as my original. It is hard to tell though so I may order two sizes just to be sure. Would the casing be different for different weights of the series 152 coil spring? Last question, would I be able to return the unused parts that I ordered incorrectly?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, Emily isn't here today but I'll do my best to help.

So, the plastic cover your springs used isn't made anymore, unfortunately. We do have a substitute but it has a few more components compared to your original. See our 15-143 bushing, 15-144 cap, and 15-145 barrel. The barrel goes in the center of the spring to brace it, and then the bushing and cap kind of "sandwich" over it. The whole assembly ends up holding the spring like a cartridge, if that makes sense.

As for cost differences, you can see a detailed price breakdown on each product's respective store page. You may want to weigh your window before you place your order just to be 100% sure though. What you want to do is get that weight and then divide it by how many springs support it. Assuming you only have one spring per side, then you would simply divide the weight in half and choose accordingly.

For example, if your sash is 14 pounds then you will want the 7 pound spring for sure.

Either way, you can see our return policy here

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.