In search of replacement pivot bars

A quick learner says:
Not sure what these are called but its the part that holds the window in the sides...both of them are broken this is the ones on the other side that is not broke
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0144 3.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2300 3.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It looks like you have two different styles of pivot bar. Could it be that the one on the left is just an updated version of the older one on the right? That would definitely make things a little easier. Can you also tell me the distance between the center of each screw hole to the front tip? That will help us find something that will fit in the same space.

A quick learner says:
No these are what came with the windows when they were purchased...the one on the left is the top window and the one on the right is the bottom they both measure 3/4 of an inch from the center of the screws ...The ones not pictured both are broke not even sure how they could have gotten broke...
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Oh, weird. Not sure why they used two different kinds of pivot bars during installation, but I suppose stranger things have happened. I think your best bet is either our 26-226 or 26-342, depending on your hole placement. You'd only use one of these for both the top and bottom sash, assuming the hole placement is the same for both of your pivot bars.

As for why they broke, they usually snap if the window is tilted in before being raised a few inches first. That puts too much strain on that part of the window and either breaks the pivot bar or pivot shoe, or both. In the future, always make sure to raise your window up 3-4 inches before you tilt it in.

A quick learner says:
thanks so much for the info I may order a couple of both just so I have them and hopefully one of them will work ..btw these were Louisiana pacific windows and they were not the greatest investment :(
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.