Incorrect Channel Balance Ordered

A home owner from Florida says:

Hi,

I purchased the incorrect channel balance rails. I'm hoping you can help me figure out which parts I need? Also how can I return the parts that I received?

The number on the side is 2920 but the bottom is too wide on what I purchased and they should be more like what's in the photos that I attached.

The top was perfect!

Thanks,

Brian

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8724.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8726.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Brian. Sorry to hear the Series 385 didn't work out for you. You can view our Return Policy here. This comes down to what we call the 'depth' of these bottom nylon footings, or the 'heel-to-toe' measurement. The Series 385 uses our 15-004 shoe, which is 1-3/32" deep. The Series 380 uses the 15-005, which is just 1" deep. Measure this depth to see if the Series 380 is the better match. There is a chance, however, that your shoe might be just 7/8" deep, which matches our 15-029. This shoe isn't used with any of our standard balance Series, and in that case we'd need to build these balances via custom order. 

This would be no problem, but we need to confirm that heel-to-toe measurement of your current balance's shoe to be certain: is it 1", or 7/8", or something else entirely? Let us know. Thanks. 

A home owner from Florida says:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for responding to our dilemma! I believe you are correct! We have custom 7/8" heel-to-toe depth. The heel-to-toe on the 385 series we purchased is 1 3/32". The top part fits perfectly.

Let me know what I should do to order the 15-029. In the meantime I'll return the other parts.

I'll add another photo with the old part 7/8" measurement.

Thanks very much,
Brian
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8730.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me Brian. Perfect, that's exactly what we needed to see. I just sent you an email with a custom link to order (2) 30" balances stamped 2920, with the 19-005 Top and 15-029 Bottom attached. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Thanks.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.