Incremental size difference.

Home Owner from Holiday Florida
May 2, 2024 10:56 am
Hello. I included pictures of the old corner and the new corners I received today. The new corner is incrementally smaller and that causes the side rails to be short and not sit fully in the window tracks. I could replace all the side rails of course with slightly longer pieces but that defeats my trying to save that expense in both my time and cost. Please let me know as soon as possible as to options you may have that will be a closer replacement for my original corners. Both of these corners are the proper depth, 3/8" . It's just the length of the actual corner that shortens up the total length assembled by about 3/8" and that allows the screen to fall out on its own. Thank you again and look forward to your reply.
image image image image image
5 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
May 6, 2024 2:27 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

The 95-031 corner that you purchased accommodates a screen frame thickness of 5/16". with a face width of 3/4". Looking at your measurements, you need a corner with a face which is wider than 3/4". Take a look at the 95-262 with a frame width of 13/16" and the 95-218 with a frame width of 7/8". Look them over to see if you could use either of these corners to fit your screen frame. 

Dimensions for 95-262
Dimensions for 95-262

Alternate image for 95-218
Alternate image for 95-218

Alternate view of 95-218
Alternate view of 95-218

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts