Indentifying correct window balances

A handy person from groton ct says:
I have windows made by barrier windows and need replacement parts for them. The windows tilt in and i need some new latches to hold the windows in place i also need the spring balances with the plastic clips that attach to the sash. could you please contact me to help me find the parts i need.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
We would be happy to research this for you if you cannot identify the needed hardware on our site. Please reply with photos of your existing sash support balance system so that we can take a look at the system you are replacing.
A quick learner from groton says:
mike i found the parts i need and have the measurements the only question i have is on the balances i would need are the 12.5 in series 850 crossbow has a hole on the top that looks like it needs to be attached to the sides mine were not attached to anything would they still work if i dont attatch them?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The top of the balance is designed to attach at the top of the window channel, and the tilt bar on the window hooks in at the bottom hole.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at