I don't care what color
Overall Length 2 9/16"
width 1 1/4"
SPINDLE width 1/4"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190610_115905843.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190610_115939377.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think we can supply this latch for you. Can you tell me the distance between the two screw holes, center-to-center? Can you also show me the outside handle with which this latch interacts? That will help us find a good match.

In the meantime, look at our 40-145 and see if this would be a good option.

A distributor from Ohio says:
The screw o/c spacing is 1.75" The 40-145 you list above is for a 3/16 Spindle I NEED a 1/4" Spindle.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named JPEG_20190612_155022_290349985.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this. I'm afraid that I couldn't find anything that takes a 1/4" spindle. The closest we have is our 40-150 inside lever-type handle, which turns to open. This has a spindle insert that can be removed from the handle, which allows it to accommodate two different spindle sizes: 3/16" with the insert and 5/16" without it. 

This might be a good replacement, but it's not a push type like your inside handle. If not I suggest replacing the complete handle with something like the 40-152 or the 40-058. Then the size of the spindle won't matter since you're using an all new set.

A quick learner from Gaithersburg MD says:
Need replacement screws for storm door latch item # 40-145

Black color
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't sell the screws for this handle set. I would suggest taking the handle set or if you have one of the original screws to a hardware store in your area. That way they can match up the length and thread count you need to fit your particular door.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.