Inside Storm Door Latch

A quick learner from Florida says:
I'm looking for a replacement to the handle on my storm door. It will not stay up and closed. I hope you can help. The door itself is about 3/4 inches thick and it appears the mounting holes are about 1 3/4 apart. I need the handle to turn to the left. Bless you if you can help. I don't think I need a replacement for the outside handle.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Storm Door Handle.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If you only need the inside latch, take a look and compare the specifications of the 40-150 turn handle with the same 1-3/4" hole spacing that you're looking for. Thanks for posting!

Do any of these have the part that, when the door handle is turned, is slides over and under a device to keep the door shut? The device is screwed into the outer door jam area.
Profile picture of Casey

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the keepers that the handles and deadbolt engage with? 

Look at the picture above. Ignore the deadbolt at the bottom. The handle, on top, when turned up to the left, the end of the handle slides underneath the silver part on the right - the right side of the door jam. This helps to secure the door from opening - inside and outside. I don't see where the above examples would slide underneath the silver item on the right side of the door. I hope this makes sense but if not don't worry about it. I will still try to find the exact handle somewhere. Thanks for trying to help!
I am sorry to confuse. The end of the handle slides OVER the silver thing on the right to keep someone from opening the door from the outside.
This may help. See the photo.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Kitchen Handle.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for clarifying. We don't carry a strike plate like yours but past customers who purchased the 40-150 handle have used the 40-081 striker with it. Take a look and see what you think. 

Thanks for all your help. I did end up buying from Swisco. I ordered the inside handle and hope it will work. If not, I will return it.

Profile picture of Casey

We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing how it goes. On the off chance that it doesn't work out, you can find our return policy here

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.