Inside Storm Door Latch Replacement

A home owner from Long Island, NY says:

I'm looking to replace an inside latch for a Pro Via storm door model #396. I've enclosed a picture of the relevant parts. The tiny spring inside the latch broke so it will no longer keep the door closed. The keyed locking component is a separate piece that still works and is not at issue. 

The screw spacing is 1 3/4"; the spindle's bigger end (outside handle) is 5/16" and the smaller end (inside latch) is 11/64". Spindle length is 3 1/8". Based on your online catalog, it appears that your 40-145 might fit. I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1685[1].JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 40-145 will unfortunately not work for you if your spindle is 5/16". The 40-145 spindle hole size is only 3/16", which is too small. 

With that kind of spindle size, your best bet is going to be our 40-150. This has a turn lever instead of a push lever, but it also has a removable spindle insert which allows you to accommodate 5/16". Look it over and see what you think.

Hardware included with 26-387
Hardware included with 26-387
40-150 spindle size and screw measurements
40-150 spindle size and screw measurements
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.