Inside corner piece for a mirrored bifold door

Home Owner from Pittsburgh
Aug 16, 2020 3:38 pm
Hello, Attached please find the inside corner piece for our bifold mirror Closet doors. The door corner piece holds the door together on the inside and keeps the mirror piece inside of the frame. It is one of four inside corner pieces on the inside top of the bifold door. Ours is cracked and we cannot find a replacement piece near home. I have also attached a copy of the sticker on the inside of the door can you identify and hopefully have a piece you could send us so we can Replace the entire door?
CB8B463E-9BF4-41C9-AD38-C082EBA05106 DCF78861-25AE-4407-A32A-5F3F523BDE45 6EB72AA9-FC47-455E-801C-404E089E2D81 8D8B3D7D-D705-442D-8AB8-1AD8B36E6B44
4 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 20, 2020 10:30 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello! This looks like a match for our 23-409 closet door corner connector. Look it over and let me know if you have any questions.

Quick Learner from Nova Scotia, Canada
Sep 10, 2020 11:52 am
I also have this particular mirrored bifold door and I am wondering if instructions for removing the doors is available. Normally, lifting the doors up will free them from the bottom track, but these doors also have a bottom track that prevents the bottom of the door from swinging outward for removal. Any assistance would be welcome.
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Sep 15, 2020 9:15 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. Based on your description of the problem, your doors might have locking pins on the bottom that would prevent lifting them from the track. See the video I pulled up for you. At the very beginning, you can see how the roller in question kind of hooks into the track. That's what I mean. To unsnap them from the track, slide a putty knife across the track to push in the locking pins and raise the door at the same time. It is easier to do this with another person.

Quick Learner from Nova Scotia, Canada
Sep 15, 2020 4:39 pm

Thanks for the response Paul however, the track I am dealing with is different than shown in the video or what you have described. I have attached 2 photos that show my problem. There is no way for the bottom rollers to clear the track when lifted. Any advice would be appreciated greatly.

Regards,

Brian

Bi-Fold Door 1 Bi-Fold Door 2
2 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Sep 16, 2020 9:59 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you for the updated information. Your track looks similar to our 21-450, which uses a nylon roller guide. I believe if you use a putty knife or similar tool and wedge it between the metal pin collar and nylon roller guide (21-174), you will release the door from the track.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts