Install Part # 67-027 (Face Guide)

A home owner from SC says:
I am trying to replace Part # 67-027 (Face Guide)on my PGT Horizontal Roller Windows HS-201. I have tried many times with the sash out and installed and I just can't figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I remove the window and install the part, I can no longer get the window back into the frame. If I try to install the part with the window in the frame, it simply will not fit in the little space allowed.

Thank you,

Phil
User submitted a photo of a face guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
When the sash open, there should be some cut out where you can lift it out. Once the sash is out you should be able to replace the guide and then put the sash back in the track. See if you have another similar sliding window in the house with these guides for the cut out.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photo, could it be that the center section of the window has settled a little? This would explain why the one at the top near the handle section fits and the one at the rear of the window sash is tight. PGT could also have changed the dimensions of the face guide and no longer carry the same size like you have now. I'm not sure if this will work, but see if you can cut or file down the face guide a little to give you the clearance to install it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.