Installation instructions for S775-36

A quick learner from Mullica Hill says:
i am am writing to get instructions on how to install the channel balance and shoe into the channel.
the original channel balance shoes broke for the upper tilt in window. The were easy to take out.
i ordered and received 2 new channel balances from you. I broke the shoe on the first one I tried to install. I have since ordered another, but before I try again I. Would like to know if there is a trick to install the shoe in the channel. Any instructions would be useful
please help if you can.
i have attached a picture of th e old channel balance. With code. 36C. On the metal frame. And. The ne w channel balance with the shoe I broke. It has code 36D. On the frame. Not sure if it makes a difference. They look Identical
i removed the lower window to look at shoe and it looks like the new one
thanks
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
To install these balances, first, place the bottom shoe into the track, facing the same direction as the other one. Bring the channel balance into the window track, and install the balance at the top with a screw. Place a slot screwdriver in the bottom shoe, and tilt the tip away from the track with the metal point, so you can slide it down the track a few inches and install the sash back in the track. Finally, lock the point into the track.
How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.