Installation of bracket from Swisco Part# 39-379 operator to skylight

A home owner from Massachusetts says:

I have a new, replacement skylight and need to attach the bracket of the operator to the skylight. I can see no attachment point on the skylight. The skylight has a rubber gasket and a metal frame with double pane, insulated tempered glass inserted into the frame.

There is insufficient space along the edge of the frame where the glass meets the frame. If I was to place the bracket on top of (really underneath) the gasket, then the skylight would not close completely and the gasket would not seal. If I was to remove part of the gasket, there is a ridge along the frame (where the gasket meets with the frame). The ridge would prevent the bracket from lying flush with the frame.

Could you provide me with instructions for how to attach the bracket? I can find none on the Web. I'd like to understand the location, size of drill hole, screw size, and whether drilled holes should be tapped for the screws. A sketch, drawing and/or photo would also be helpful in order to confirm my understanding of written text.

Thanks for your consideration.

I had spoken with a Swisco receptionist who said that I should submit my query through "Part Identifier".

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4104.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. The bracket on the 39-379 is designed to simply screw to the sash. There's no trick to it beyond that. If you're unable to position the bracket on your sash in a way that allows it to close comfortably, then it's possible that our 39-379 is not the right part for your window.

Skylight operators like this are becoming harder and harder to come by. I know that there have been several older models that are similar to the 39-379 but designed with subtle differences that make our part an incompatible replacement. 

I'm sorry that we cannot offer a better solution at this time.

How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.