Installing Weatherstrip Question

A quick learner from Ohio says:
We have double hung replacement windows. We have weatherstripping on the lower window that looks like this on the outside bottom edge. The frame of this window is beveled on the corners. So the old brittle weatherstrip does not slide out. How do you remove and replace this type with the T shape that fits in the channel?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for your correspondence. If your windows are made of vinyl, then you may be able to extend the channel by using a utility knife to cut the vinyl at the end of the sash. Let me know what you think.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)