Installing the 70-004 and 70-013

A handy person from New York says:
I just purchased loops and screws for the screens, many of which are missing the loops and are in the basement. They were all installed using the same clips.

I tried to insert the clip into the screen, and got nowwhere. I can't figure out how to make them tight; I've put a hole in a couple of screens just trying. There doesn't seem to be any room for the clip along with the retainer.

Am I supposed to take out the retainer first?

Should I switch to the other parts that slide below the screen instead?

Thanks for your help; I'm laying off the project till I hear back; I don't want to ruin any more screens, watch clips fall out the window, etc.!

Matthew
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks or posting, Matthew! To install our 70-004, first you will have to remove the screen wire and spline that's on the rail. Then, you will clip it on the screen groove lip, then roll in you screen wire and spline. It's normally screened into the groove at 4" from the end, but that's up to you. Then, on the window sill, you would install the 70-013 to line up with the 70-004.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any luck.
A home owner from Wayland Massachusetts says:
I just ordered a bunch of these 70-004s. We have a gazebo with 12 large screens and every year when we get the screens out of storage a few of these have fallen out. But that's not my real problem. My real problem is when I read the above paragraph, it sounds like a foreign language. Help! Screen wire I understand (I think), but "spline that's on the rail", "screen groove lip"? Maybe I have a clue, but not enough of one! And "screamed into the groove"? Is there a diagram somewhere on the web that I could refer to?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our new tutorial video on how to install the Swisco 70-004 Pull Ring with Screen Groove.
How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.