Interior storm windows for mobile homes latches

A home owner from Indiana says:

Hi. My interior windows are being glitchy when try to open/close. Iovrd in two years ago to was only the exterior windows became with mobile home in it a family member (who's very talented but not in the construction business at all) out these storm windows inside to was ice on the exterior ones was very cold. Unfortunately, I've b having trouble with them kinda sticking. One window njw goes up/ down but will not latch to stay open. Needless to say it gets very hot in the warm months in here.

I see latches on here. Would they work? Do they include springs or doni need to get new one's? Thank you very much.

Rebekah

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220328_175447443_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220328_175429419_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Rebekah. I'm afraid that I can't tell you if the 91-033P will replace your existing latches based on the information given. The only way to know that is to remove the originals from the frame, measure it as precisely as possible, then compare its design and size to the specs shown on the 91-033P store page.

You should also know now that storm windows in general just aren't made anymore. Ever since vinyl windows became popular, storms like this have fallen entirely out of use. What this means is that there's a good chance your old latches aren't even made anymore. Just something to keep in mind as you move forward.

Assuming that the 91-033P is a match, then the springs are sold separately under the 91-003M.

A home owner from iowa says:
what are the measurement on the 91-033 latch mine ar abour 1 in wide and 3 and 3/4 wide
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You can see detailed dimensions for the 91-033P latch on its store page, linked above. I will also share them here for your convenience. 

Alternate image for 91-033P
Alternate image for 91-033P

Alternate view of 91-033P
Alternate view of 91-033P

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.