Is a MOUNTING PLATE what I need?

A handy person from CA says:
Is this to go between the handle and the door? As of now I ordered the ROTO MULTI-POINT MORTISE LATCH LEVER
Product Code: 82-240 which fits perfectly into the lock but now the handle doesn't sit flush with the door because the latch is too tall.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what handle you have now, but the 82-240 is designed to work with our 82-080 handle set. The 82-108 mounting plate does with with this handle, but there's no guarantee that it's what you need. I'd like some photos of your existing handle set so that we can say for sure.

The 82-240 works perfectly with my handle except it is too tall so the handle doesn't touch the door. I thought perhaps the mounting plate would fix the problem?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3037.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3038.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3039.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Huh, this is a weird one. The handle set on your door doesn't match the mortise lock. Your mortise is very clearly our 82-238, which is designed to work with handle sets like our 82-080 (and by relation, our 82-240 thumb latch, which actually comes included with the 82-080 handle set).

However your handle set is an entirely different style compared to the 82-080. It looks like a more typical set like the 82-069 or 82-079. These are designed to work for different doors with different mortise locks. 

I don't know for sure, but I would wager that someone in the past repaired this door with the wrong hardware. Either they used the wrong handle or they used the wrong mortise. If the mortise works fine, I'd say that the handle is what's wrong here.

I think your best bet is to use our 82-080 handle set to repair your door.

Wouldn't the mounting plate fix the space between the door and the handle inside?
Profile picture of Tom

Our 82-108 mounting plate probably isn't compatible with your existing handle set. It's not a universal mounting plate for any ol' door, it's only meant to work with one handle and one handle only, which is the 82-080

The 82-080 in fact comes with the 82-108 included already; we only sell it separately because sometimes it breaks before the handle does and we want to have an option for customers in that situation. Otherwise, I don't see it working for anything else. 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.