Is the 23-041 the correct replacement part for my closet door?

A contractor from Grand Rapids, Michigan says:
This is what is currently on the closet door. It is a 4011 wheel inside a 4012 housing It is 3 1/2" tall and 3" wide from tab to tab. The track is 1/2" wide with a single center rail. Obviously it has the wrong wheel for the type of track. Which is the correct replacement wheel set for this door?
Thank You, Chris
User submitted photos of a closet door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, Chris. Did your original rollers have concave wheels? What does your track look like?

If you need concave wheels rather than convex, then we have a few that could possibly work, though I'm not sure what would be best. Start out by looking at our 23-064 and let me know what you think.
A contractor from Grand Rapids, Michigan says:
Tom. These may have been the original rollers, if the wheel is designed to go into either side of the rail. See attached photo The Stanley parts are clearly marked

A concave wheel seems to make more sense as there appears to be a center track. Verses two groves for the 23-041. What do you think?
A customer submitted image of their closet track.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yeah, it looks like these tracks are made for concave rollers, not convex like you have. You must have had trouble with these rollers working in this track before.
A contractor from Grand Rapids, Michigan says:
Do you think that the 23-064 is the best fit for the doors? If so, I will order them.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what roller would be best, personally. As a matter of fact, since you already have the convex rollers, you might be better off just replacing the track itself. Check out our 23-240, 23-241, 23-242, or 23-243. All of these tracks have been known to work with the 23-041.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)