Is there a better option to this Andersen screen door?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It is possible to purchase a replacement screen door for your Andersen patio sliding screen door. The after market sliding screen doors available at the big box stores are not very good and will not work better than your existing door. There are smaller companies that manufacturer after market sliding screen doors that will look a little different than your existing Andersen screen door but may work better. You will need to find these companies locally because I do not believe anyone ships screen doors.

You may be able to repair your existing Andersen screen door. If your screen door is jumping off the track it could be either that your screen door is too loose or there is a bump on the sliding door track. If your door is too loose you need to adjust your rollers to tighten the door to the track. If there is a bump on the track you need to try to smooth the track back out. If your sliding screen door is hard to open it could be that your rollers are worn and broken and need to be replaced.
A home owner from Rhode Island says:
I have pretty much had it with this Anderson screen door. Does anyone make an aftermarket screen door to fit the Anderson Slider that works better than the original? The original falls off the track when my kids open it, and is hard to open.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I will post your question and maybe 'home owner from Rhode Island' or another user will have a suggestion for a local place in or near Rhode Island.
A quick learner from Plymouth MA says:
Paul: Can I find out whether "home owner from Rhode Island" found a local company that provided a better door? I also have "had it" with my Andersen sliding screen door and am located very close to RI. Thanks
Thank you.
A quick learner from Rhode Island says:
I haven't done anything with this door. I replaced the rollers, and adjusted, and it is a little better, but still not a smooth operating door. There has to be a better option somewhere, I just haven't put the time in to find it. IF you do find one, please let me know. thank you.
Quick Learner from RI: Thank you. I will continue my quest and will be happy to share the results with you. Quick Learner In Plymouth MA
A quick learner from Rhode Island says:
Thanks, I will do the same!!!!
A home owner from Phila.,Pa. says:
I am replacing my screen door bottom rollers at least twice a year. The plastic pieces that hold the screws are breaking off rather frequently. Why didn't they make this piece out of metal so it wouldn't break off so often?
How to remove the old Andersen upper patio screen door roller
How to remove the old Andersen upper patio screen door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.