Is there a left and right handed casement lock 38-075?

A quick learner from Palos Park, IL 708-822-1232 says:
Is there a left side & right side of casement lock model # 38-075? or can I use it for either a left side or right side installation?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
This particular casement sash lock, 38-075, is non-handed meaning it can be used left hand or right hand.
A home owner from Winnipeg, MB says:
Just needed simple instructions on how to assemble this into a door. Looks very easy. However, I seem to not be able to line up the Low Profile Sash lock with the casement window keeper. How should I view to line it up? Thank you very much for your help. Ernie
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
While the 38-075 is meant for replacement in casement windows take a look at the following installation diagrams to help you install the sash lock in a new application.
Side profile view of the installation of the 38-075 sash lock
Diagram of the installation of the 38-075 sash lock
A contractor from Abbotsford Bc says:
screws are missing - advise a suitable substitute - latch is being used on exterior patio door outswing - above and below dead bolt - door is metal exterior
thank you for a quick response
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm a little confused. Are you saying that you have the 38-075 installed on a metal door? If so, that's a custom application and I'm not sure if we'd be able to help.

I can tell you at least that the 38-075 uses #8 flat screws, but the length will depend on the application. I couldn't even guess what length you'd need for a metal door, unfortunately.

How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.