Is there a metal receiver to use with the 40-039?

A landlord from Minnesota says:
About the 40-039 lock ...apparently one must make a hole in the wooden jamb to accept the bolt. Isn't this a wear'n'tear problem against a tiny slotted hole in the wood? Is there a vinyl or metal receiver which could be more reliably installed in a somewhat larger opening in the jamb?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hi, Jack. Our 40-039 keyed deadbolt actually comes with a keeper. Check out the image below.
Keeper for 40-039
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)