Is there a special tool to install your 70-075

A quick learner from Portland, OR says:
I believe this is the exact part we are looking for. My question: is there a special tool to press these on with or can you advise on how to attach to the screen as the small flange needs to be crimped on?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
There is a special rivet tool that screen manufacturers use to crimp the 70-075 to the screen. The tool is actually made for the machine, however, not for the the handyman. To lock the 70-075 in at the shop, you would pull out the plunger pin and lock it with locking pliers to reveal the collar, then carefully crimp the collar to the screen. I recommend that you first widen it with a phillips screwdriver tip before you flatten it with hammer. If you are doing hundreds of these, then I think you should consult a local tool and die maker to make a hand tool for these.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.