Handle Won't Work?

A home owner from Monroe says:
Hi my handle no longer locks. I need to replace the handle. Is this your handle? Which should I buy as a replacement. Ty
Dianne
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi Dianne,

The handle in your picture is our 82-035 but the handle looks to be in good condition. if the door doesn't lock, then the mortise is most likely the culprit. I'd like to see a picture of the mortise in the center of your door as well to make sure we identify the correct replacement part for you. Thank you!

A home owner from Monroe says:
Correct, the door does not lock. is this what you need to see?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding .jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding 2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the reply. Well, it looks like the problem is you're missing your mortise lock altogether! Did you remove it at some point, or did it fall into the door? It's very difficult to say what you need without seeing the original lock, but based on the handle set and shape of the hole you might need the 82-218. Take a look and see what you think. 

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.