It is stamped 2740

Quick Learner from Oklahoma
May 1, 2024 11:03 am
The spring pulled the hole out of the block and tackle will need to replace several of these throughout my house. Once replaced is there any way to prevent this For future reference.
winged bottom shoe 2740 stamped channel wingless top fitting
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 2, 2024 1:07 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out to us! We should be able to help with this. Before I recommend anything, can you show us a photo of the inside of the metal channel where the innerspring connects to the pulley mechanism?

I'm not sure what you're describing when you say the hole pulled out of the block. Can you clarify that with a few photos? 

Quick Learner from Oklahoma
May 2, 2024 10:47 pm
Basically need a new balancer but the one on the other side of the window is about to do the same thing. So I'll probably get several once I know what to order
IMG_2329
1 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 6, 2024 9:57 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks! This is a big help. My top recommendation right now is our S350-28 with a 2740 stamp option. This comes with a 19-002 top and 15-004 bottom plastic fitting, so as long as those match then this should be a perfectly suitable replacement for your original hardware.

We always recommend replacing both balances in a given window at the same time. You never want to mix old and new balances.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts