Operator replacements

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:
I ordered the 39-187, but it doesn't fit my window. My window won't close with it installed; there's not enough room for the bent arm to fit into the window, so it won't close.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 168Stang.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I am sorry your replacement didn't work for you. Looking at your photo, it appears you may need both our 39-089 and 39-090 operators. These operators don't have an offset, but that may not be a factor since you mentioned yours work fine even without it. Look these operators and let us know your feedback. 

i did look at those and asked how long the middle arm is. The 187 was about an inch longer than mine which caused it to hit the frame when closing. if the 089 is an inch longer, would it do the same thing?
I'm willing to try as long as I can return. I actually need 5.
thanks
Actually in the picture, mine is on the left and an inch lo ger.
Sorry
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

It's quite alright. No need to apologize. First, don't worry about the length. Focus on the shape of the gear arm. The one you originally purchased has a "W" shape, but the one you need has a "Z" shape, just like our 39-090

If you really want to, you can go back and measure the gear arm on ours but, I don't believe it's necessary. I'm very confident it will work. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.