J 34-4 Balance

A handy person from Houston Missouri says:

I am the Custodial Director for Houston R-1 Schools in Houston, MO.

We have some windows in our older buildings (windows may be from the 70's?) that need balances...

In the past, I have found it difficult to find these balances... but I think I have found them on your site...

As close as I can tell, the only markings on the old balances is J (as in Jasper) 34-4... again, that is J 34-4

As I measure the unit in accordance with your instructions, I come up with 1/2" wide, by 35" long.

I believe your "Series 351 Channel Balance: Product Code: S351-35" is what I need,
but I would like an expert second opinion.

Do you sell to School Districts, and if so, what are your procedures for doing so?

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.


Dan, Custodial director, Houston R-1 Schools , Houston , MO.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us, Dan. Yes, you can actually purchase balances directly from our site. As for what you have, I'm afraid I can't confirm if the S351-35 is a match. The only thing the stamp tells me is how strong the spring is. The only way to confirm if the S351-35 will work is to carefully compare the nylon attachments on either end of the metal channel to those on your school's balances. The S351-35 comes with our 19-002 and 15-002 pre-attached.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)