Jalouise screen door handle lock

Friend from Scranton, pa
May 14, 2024 12:23 pm
Old jalouise screen porch door handle. The lock doesn't lock anymore. Pics are attached of door without lock attached, inside handle attached, outside handle attached, and lock pieces.
IMG_1187 IMG_1194 IMG_1195 IMG_1196
4 user uploaded images
9 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 15, 2024 9:41 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

I can't tell from your photos if the door swings inward or outward. If it is an in-swing door, I'd recommend starting by comparing the specifications of the 40-028 to your assembly. Take a look and see what you think. 

Instructions for the in-swing door handle set.
Instructions for the in-swing door handle set.

Diagram of handle set 40-028
Diagram of handle set 40-028

Keeper for 40-028
Keeper for 40-028

Inside handle for 40-028
Inside handle for 40-028

Outside handle for 40-028
Outside handle for 40-028

Friend from Scranton, pa
May 15, 2024 10:43 am
The door opens inward from the outside. I will check later with the dimensions and get back to you. Thank you so much for the quick response.I'll be in touch soon
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 15, 2024 11:04 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Great, just let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime. 

Friend from Scranton, pa
May 18, 2024 2:20 pm
Just ordered the part suggested. Fingers crossed we took accurate measurements. Thanks for your help, we were getting tired if not finding anything, even close, to the original. Hope this is the one. Thanks again!
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 20, 2024 8:38 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

No problem! Please let us know how you make out with your repair. 

Friend from Scranton, pa
May 29, 2024 11:38 am
So we got the handle on the door and it's working. Thank you so much. Now, it looks like there is a place to possibly punch out for a key lock. Not sure if I am saying that correctly. The old one had a key to lock and unlock from the outside. Is that something that can be done or added to this one I purchased? If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to explain better. Thanks again, you've been so helpful already.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 29, 2024 11:52 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Unfortunately, the key cylinder that went with this handle set is no longer made. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Friend from Scranton, pa
May 29, 2024 12:42 pm
It will have to be okay. Just glad we found you on line for the handle. You've been wonderful and I would recommend you, 100%.
Last time, thank you so much!
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 29, 2024 1:16 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you with future projects. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts