Jalousie door latch broke

A home owner from Wisconsin says:
Says Wartian Co. under handle.
Middle hole where outside handle passes through has metal "cylander" that says "Pat Pend DDBL1200" This is from a jalousie door from 1990.(photo)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220112_113538.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220112_142604.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220112_113707.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220112_113631.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:


Unfortunately, we no longer carry the Wartian storm door handle shown in your photos and I'm not sure if it is still available. The handle sets that we've related for you all have 1-3/4" mounting hole centers like yours. 

The 40-034K push-button lock comes with a key cylinder but the "pitcher" handle is not as long as the one you have. You would need to drill another hole at the bottom of the handle to install the mounting screw and secure the outside handle. 

The other handles, such as the 40-057 or the "pull up" type of handle does not have a key cylinder in the handle. You will need to install a "deadbolt" lock if you want a key. Look over the suggested handles along with the related videos for more information. Thank you.

How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.