Jalousie window frame to glass weatherstripping

A quick learner from Delray Beach FL says:

Hi:

The condo complex we live in was built on 1974. Most of the condos have the original jalousie windows which are in need of weatherstripping replacement. But we are having trouble locating the appropriate replacement.

Please see the attached photos.

Can you help ?

I could mail you a piece of the weatherstripping if that would help.

Thank you,

Dick

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2D6E2899-BC84-4EF8-BD73-1CAEC814E5CF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 257DD1A6-405C-4D5C-A587-D1C09E0CFE51.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 638F544B-1E0D-4AA9-8094-C971D01DA1DB.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Dick. This looks very similar to our 55-007 glazing bead at first glance. I recommend looking over our photos and dimensions to confirm if it can work for you.

Profile view of 55-007
Profile view of 55-007

Thank you.

You have so many products it can be hard for a first timer to get through it all.

Are samples available ?

I will check it out.

Thanks,

Dick 

Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! You can order a sample of most glazing types we carry from this page. Let me know if you have any success!

I ended up just ordering 1 3' length. $10 including shipping which is a killer.

Could this be delivered in rolls rather than 3' and 6' lengths ?

There may be many condos interested in this if it does fit.

Thanks,

Dick

Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Dick. Unfortunately we aren't able to supply the 55-007 in a continuous roll. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Well you did it, it is a perfect match. Keller, was that a Jalousie window manufacturer or is that a weatherstripping/glazing manufacturer ? I have no idea who manufactured these windows in the 1970s , would be helpful to know as I look for other parts.

What is the best tool to use for cutting the weatherstripping/glazing to length ?

Thanks again for getting me the right product.

Dick Stagnone
Next challenge ! Do you have the bubble seal shown in the attached photo ? It slides into a channel and seals the bottom of the Jalousie window to the frame when it is closed.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 05F4FFAA-10A6-42D9-8551-D88D6BC48C95.jpeg

Do you have any products which can clean the tarnish off the aluminum frame components ?

Thank you,

Dick 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E3D7E5EF-B49F-4990-A8C6-D41C79093D8E.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

For your bubble seal, take a look and consider our 58-135. See if this will work. As far as offering a product that can clean tarnish off your aluminum frame, I am afraid that is not something we offer. Perhaps you may be able to contact a local hardware store for assistance. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.