Jalousy door mechanism

A handy person from Milford, de says:
I have a 5 year old 32" wide jalousy "screen door" manufactured by burch, from Baltimore
Burch no longer supports this product

It used to crank closed and the window panes were tight to each other. Now, when cranking it to close, the crank does not dead stop and the window is left open with a gap of approximately 1/4"

Can you tell me if it is the crank/closure mechanism or something else, and of course, do you carry the product to repair this?

I have attached a photo
Thank you
Harry
User submitted a photo of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe you might have the 39-050 rack operator. These type of operators were used on Jalousie storm doors. Check it out and tell me what you think.
A handy person from Delaware says:
Looks accurate. I assume I hv
Ave to take the door completely apart to replace?
Thanks
Harry
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, first you'll need to remove inside panel and unscrew the handle. That should let you get to the inside where the main part of the operator is. Unscrew the main housing and use a flat head screw driver to un-clip the "E" ring that is attaching arm to the glass track.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.