Jam Liners & Spring Balnaces

A quick learner from Waukesha, Wisconsin says:
I have vinyl clad double hung wood windows in vinyl jam liners
I think that theses are NORCO windows are are about 25 years old.
All of the sash and storms are in great shape but I have a few small problems:

I have one window that will not stay up and several that have cracks vinyl in the jam liners.

I wrote to you before and said I thought that I didn't have spring balances. You suggested suggested that I take the window apart and take some PICS.

This morning I disassembled the window and you were RIGHT!

I do have spring balances.

There is a coiled spring with a pully system covered by a U-channel of aluminum in the track. The top of the U-Channel clips to the vinyl track Below the U-Channel in the track is a fitting that holds the window tilt pin. The U-Channel has the following stamp on it "c24HDB'.

On the window that would not stay up the fittings inside the track below the spring balance that hold the sash tilt pins were cracked rotated and jammed in place so when the window was raised the spring balance did not engage. The part inside the channel is to pat that ties to the cord from the spring balance pully system.

I was able to remove the jam liners and rotate the fitting and they now engage but I know that with use they will just turn and jam again.

So I need to replace the clips at the end of the spring balance cord that holds the spring pin.

Of course I didn't get a picture of the part that holds the window tilt pin, but I did get some pick of the track itself. I hoping that you can help me identify the part that holds the window tilt pin.

Also, I have a number of windows where the jam liners are cracked and needs to be replaced. The spring balances in these windows are all in good operating condition.

Track are 54" on the long side, 53 1/8 on the short side and 3 3/4 wide (tab to tab) with an inside dimension of 3/3/8'.

Can you help me identify the part that holds the hinge tilt pin and possible replacement jam liners?

Can you help me identify the part inside the jam that hold the window pin and hopefully the replacement jam?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named widonwpic 5.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window pic 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Windowpic 2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named windowpic 3.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named windowpic 4.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. These are indeed ribbed channel balances. They usually attach to the window jamb with S-Clips like our 19-029 or 19-030. Look these over and see if they're what you need. I am afraid we don't sell jamb liners. If this is a wood window, a mill work may be able to assist you. 

19-029 : Short S-Clip
Short S-Clip
19-030 : Long S-Clip
Long S-Clip
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.