Jeld-Wen Weather Seal

A home owner from Baltimore, Md. says:
Need weather seal for jeld-wen casements windows bought in 1999.
I can send pic if you send me an email address.
User submitted photos of weather seal.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the images. Unfortunately, we're having a hard time identifying this weatherseal based on these images. If at all possible, can you remove a small sample from the window and take a picture of its profile? You can then upload it here with dimensions for us to see. An illustration would also work. Thank you!
A home owner from Baltimore, Md. says:
I am attaching additional images of the OEM weatherstrip. We are looking to improve on this. The manufacturer Caradco now JELD-WEN has a class action suit pending by 18,000 customers with rotted windows. Strip needs top have a g=flange we can insert into a fromt or back kerf(groove). Bubble strip may work better. This leave type weather strip is actually trapping the water because it does not lay flat. Additional images attached.
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Please take a look at our 55-106 Weatherstripping and compare its dimensions to your sample. Could you use this as a substitute? Let me know!
A quick learner from Baltimore, Md. says:
Would a bubble weatherstrip 58-053 work just as effectively or better? A leaf weatherstrip such as this will not stop water penetration. Something needs to be in the front to block the water.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The only bubble I can think of that may fit is our 58-055 offset seal. However water leakage is a hard thing to prevent. I don't know if any type of weather strip can stop the leaks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)